Happy New Year lovelies!
I hope you all had a fantastic time celebrating with friends and family this holiday season. This New Years eve was a special one with Mike and I attending our friend’s wedding in Gloucester. We ate, drank and danced into the late hours – definitely an evening we wont forget!
The start of the new year is always an exciting time, a time for a fresh start. I don’t normally set myself new year resolutions, but this year I wanted to set out some realistic goals:
- Focus on what is most important spend less time on things that are not important and more time focusing on what is. It sounds like an easy one, but I think it is easier said than done. I can easily get
- Get outside I always feel better about life and have a much more positive attitude after a good walk outside. I do try to make an effort to do this everyday, but I find it can be hard to get motivated to do so, particularly in the winter months when it is cold and dark.
- Travel more– a bit of a cheeky one, as Mike and I actually did a lot of travelling in 2016, but I am keen to travel just as much this year. I want to take advantage of living in London and having the rest of Europe just a hop skip and a jump away. I already have some exciting travels this year lined up and I am looking forward to planning a few more.
- Address my physical health– since starting an office job I have developed shoulder pain from sitting at my desk all day. This year I want to work beyond just managing the pain towards fixing it completely.
- Be more creative– I have always been a creative person, but I feel I don’t always get to be creative in my everyday. This year I want to address this side of my personality more – creating this blog is just one part. I also want to sign up to some art workshop and work on my photography.
Have you set any new year resolutions this year? What are you looking forward to most in 2017? I would love to hear!